Letter To Aunt
Letter to Aunt
Dear Aunty,
Thank you so much for that lovely dress.
The frills and laces - my oh my! mommy asked me to
- they're so pretty!
wirte that!And they itch a great deal against my skin!
Mommy thinks I look like an angel.
But I think I look like a pink hippopotamus,
With the stupid underwire, that makes
The ugly skirt flares up. Not to mention the horrid wings!
She takes a picture of me, in the form
, and she showed it
Of the pink hippopotamus
To everyone in the vicinity! How embarassing!
Everyone says I look so mature,
Though in my opinion, it's downright
So,
Childish. Not to mention, totally sick.
Dear Aunty, thank you once again, and I look forward NOT!
To such a gift in the future.
Most UNloving,
Your Niece
[J]
NOTES:
This poem is probably what most kids think - when they got some ugly gifts from some relatives. Too polite to turn down the geeky gift, but too unwilling to accept, the strikes represent the resentment and the unspoken feelings.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home