Thursday, July 15, 2004

Remember Me...

Sonnet I
Remember me, Remember you...

When the end of end is finally here,
I pray to you, that you will remember:
The memories that we share and treasure,
And not forgetting the times together.
Should you choose to forget these memories,
Please know that I would not hate you for it.
For I know some things are simply painful,
That one should want to forget everything.

As such I will ask of one thing from you:
To remember me on some days, please do!
Not so, that remembering will torment;
But let it be a dream that one slept through.
Or else you can choose to forget it all;
And know in your heart, I'll remember you.

[J]

NOTES:
This poem is inspired by Shakespeare and a few other Romantic poets - Keats, Blake, Frost and Wordsworth. I was reading some of their poems when this piece formed in my mind. It took me many months to plan and my first piece of the same title was actually in an open form. But I digress and re-write it again.

It is written in closed form - a sonnet. It's one of the hardest poems I've written bcos I tried to keep strictly to the rigid format. It's not a fantastic piece but I'm really proud of this achievement. Enjoy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home