Thursday, July 29, 2004

Diary At Home

Diary At Home

Today the Lady in White visited me.
She carried a bottle of blue sweets,
And she gave me three.
Later in the day, she came again,
And gave me a flower
Which she puts in my hair.
At night she came to me with a light;
Sang me a lullaby and
Kissed me goodnight.

(But the thoughts,they haunt me...

Where am i? What did I do?
Why can't I leave this little room?...

The Sun rises in the West;
The sky is green; the fields are blue.
Meadows are dead - they are brown...

Or are they? No... No...

The Sun rises in the East;
The fields are green; the sky is blue.
But the meadows... the meadows...

They're dead for me -
I've never touched them.
Not when I'm here, in the Asylum,

Trapped.
Dead.
A victim of my own brain.

Of my own insanity...)

[J]

NOTES:
I wrote this poem in school, after studying and feeling under the weather for 2 weeks. It is a haunting little piece, inspired by a book title '101 Poems to Keep One Sane' and Margaret Atwood's haunting poem 'This is a Picture of Me'.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home